Friday, August 20, 2010

The sweetness of little boys...

Today they were bringing me lots of rocks that they so carefully dipped in water first. I suggested that we make shapes with them, so we made a square and a circle, a long line and a heart. After we finished the heart Asher said "Mom, this one is for you." and Caleb agreed "Yep, heart mom."

They might have more energy then I know what to do with, and they might feel the need to push and nudge each other when I'd really rather they didn't, but when it comes to being sweet to their mama these boys have it just right.

They're always bringing me little "gifts" to show me how much they love me. Now, it's not that I just dream about handfuls of dirt and sand in my pockets, rocks dipped in rain puddles, or even 9 wilted dandelions by the end of the day... but it is what they dream about and they are sharing them with me! They are also so thoughtful when they tell me I'm handsome, bring me their rubber duckies and floaty toys when I say I'm going to take a bath, and always make sure I get to use the pink plate at lunchtime.
Thank you, Asher and Caleb, for being so sweet to me.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

They are such sweet boys! I love that they make sure you get the pink plate. Their little sister is so lucky.:)

Deborah said...

I love that they bring you their rubber duckies when you are going to take a bath. SOOO Sweet!

Na said...

That's so wonderful and heart warming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...