Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Some thoughts from the husband and father...


Hi all, this is Justin. I just wanted to post this picture of my wonderful wife and beautiful little boy. This is a rare picture; for some reason we have more pictures of Asher and Dad than Asher and Mom.

I just want my little family to know how grateful I am for them. I occasionally had to remind myself that this Father's Day was different than any other Father's Day in my life to date, because now I am a father. This little boy will look up to me the same way I looked up to and learned from my father. Was my father perfect? No, and he'd probably be the first to admit that. But he did his best, and I love him and am grateful for his efforts and examples. I'm grateful he's taught me how to be a dad, and what it means to support and love your children. I would like to be the perfect dad, but since that's not possible I'm definitely going to do my best. During my Mother's Day talk, I played on a comment by the youth speaker and joked that when you have to get up in the middle of the night to help change a diaper that your love can be somewhat conditional. I take it back; my love has never been and never will be conditional. I love my little Asher boy so much, and I hope my words and actions always show him that. It's also amazing to me how much he's done for our relationship as a married couple. Life has definitely changed, but I couldn't think of a better way for it to.

Abby, I know I'm busy and hopefully I'm doing my fair share to help when I can. Thank you for your support and confidence. I know you know this, but it's because of the two (and however many may come down the road) of you that I'm doing what I'm doing. Am I excited about my future career? Absolutely; I love PT school and the privilege I will have at the end of 3 years to be a professional, a doctor of physical therapy. I'm also excited that we have and will have the opportunity to talk about and work together in this field. I guess I'm lucky, blessed really. I am going into a profession I love, and I have a family that I love even more. I'm grateful for the blessings and opportunities which have been and will be presented to me to take care of and ultimate be with my family. Thanks for sticking with me, encouraging me, and loving me. I really do have the greatest family in the world.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Beautiful, Justin. You three make the perfect family, even if you're imperfect individuals. And believe me, you and Abby are amazing parents already.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...