Saturday, November 1, 2008

Meet George, The Man in the Yellow Hat, and their Banana...

Hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween. We had fun and I think the boys looked great. This is for sure the most effort I have ever put into halloween, EVER! A while ago we thought it would be fun for Asher to be Curious George and Justin to be the man in the yellow hat. We really shouldn't have waited until the day before halloween to start making the costumes, but I think we pulled it off pretty well. Especially for someone who doesn't really know how to sew. The crash course from my cousin, Liz, a few weeks ago really helped! 
Then while I was making those we decided we wanted Caleb to be their Banana! I think he makes the cutest banana I've ever seen.
This is Asher telling me what George says "Oooo, Oooo, Oooo!" He also had a little red t-shirt that said curious george on it, but it's not in any of the pictures.
And this is their reaction to all the candy that they got. 
P.S. So Mom, these were some pretty fantastic costumes. Can I add them, plus the turtle from last year, to the "dress-up box at Honey's house"??

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Bahahaha! I LOVE it! You're amazing Abby. Justin is much more convincing as the man in the yellow hat than the strange guy Asher saw in the park this summer. And what an adorable George and banana. All that work for your boys; didn't you give yourself a costume?

Trent and Whit said...

I LOVED your costumes! You did such a wonderful job on them. What a cute bunch of boys you have!

Abby said...

Hey Lisa,
I ran out of energy before I got to my costume. At one party I said I was a Nudist on Strike (just wearing my normal clothes) and at another I said I was a banana tree (I was holding Caleb). Your little firefighter was adorable by the way! What was Lily?

Steve and Chelle said...

Abby these are darling!!! really- so s o cute!! I can't believe you made those costumes!! they're awesome!!

I know what you mean about dressing up yourself! by the time I was done with all my kids stuff, I was so out of creative energy! I dressed up as a mom! (I know, I know, I'm SO creative !)

Hannah said...

Justin- You look JUST like the man in the yellow hat!!! :)

Als said...

I have a lot of respect for you people who make you're own costumes. I'm pretty impressed--Aiden was store-bought all the way.

Nimfah said...

You really did a good job! I loved them!

Anonymous said...

What a great job. You are such great parents.

tysqui said...

Awesome costumes!

chip and bex said...

no wonder you had no energy to dress yourself up! those costumes are SO great! I love your ideas! you are so creative!

Tressa Allred said...

Abby! Those costumes are adorable!! I love them. Asher is the cutest little monkey in the man in the yellow hats arms. And the banana costume....So cute!!!

Deborah said...

Okay...Two things. First kudos to you. You are so dang creative and I love you tons! The costumes were amazing. I want to come learn all your fun tricks!! Oh and way funny that you said you were a Banana tree. LOL Second, I am SOOOOO jealous that grandpa comments on your blog. If you are reading this grandpa..... well I am to jealous so say anything right now. :)

Abby said...

Thanks everyone! I am so glad the costumes were a hit. Pretty funny how much Justin looks like the man in the yellow hat, huh?

Deborah, you're so funny, but don't worry the grandpa that comments on my blog is Asher and Caleb's grandpa, Justin's dad, not our grandpa. I don't know if he reads this. I hope he does that would be fun. So, no need to be jealous! Thanks for the nice compliments!

Rana said...

What a creative idea! This is one that is going to be remembered!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...