Friday, February 25, 2011

Caleb in the middle...

Mr. Caleb has always had a quiet determination about him. Somedays it seems a little more like stubbornness (borderline disobedience...) but, I try to see it as the gift of knowing what he wants and the ability to make a plan (often very creative) to get it. Sometimes I tell myself "If I can guide him and teach him in love then that very quality (that is usually frustrating at the moment) will serve him well someday!" Today I was telling the boys things that I think they are good at and writing a letter on their little fingertips with a pen to remind them. On Caleb's hand I had already written a "T" for trying new things, a "B" for being brave, and "H+K" for giving hugs and kisses. I asked Caleb if he could think of something he's good at and he said "Umm, me get what me want!"

These pictures are from a few weeks ago on a day when Caleb only wanted to wear green (because "gween my fav-wit colow") I said "That's fine. I like green too, but you're going to have to do it yourself." So he did. It took him probably 15 minutes to look through the shoe closet and find his old green shoes and put them on himself. The tantrum came when I asked him to please clean up the mess he had made in the process.
This was today when Caleb fell asleep MID-SENTANCE while he was talking to me as I fed Kaycee on the couch.
Looks pretty peaceful for a kid that is sure he does NOT need naps anymore ;)

3 comments:

Carters said...

He's growing up so much! I love that he's already recognizing his "determination" as you so nicely put it. Otto tends to do the same thing already, so maybe you'll have to teach me some tricks on how to channel that stubbornness into determination. :)

nora.lakehurst said...

AH yes. We have one like that. His name is Logan. Very stern and very determined to get what he wants. Ah bliss.

Lisa said...

I realized today that because I haven't been blogging, I also haven't been checking those blogs that I love and adore. What a joy to see all these posts!

We love you Lubs. Way to go on the green!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...