Sunday, April 24, 2011

Okay, so...

Now that I've scared you all away from ever saying my daughters name, and heaven forbid you have to spell it for some reason, I'm going to change things up ONE. MORE. TIME!

kacie noelle carrier

I had been holding off sending in the paperwork to legally change her name. We knew she was Kacie but we went back and forth (and back and forth and back and forth...) on the spelling. I was still waiting for peace in my heart about the whole situation so it was easier to just joke about waiting until she was 18 and letting her pick her own name than it was to decide and move forward. Life is so busy after all ;) But really each time I would try to decide it would trigger the post-pardom struggles I had right after she was born. So, she waited patiently like a little angel for her name. We've been calling her Kacie (exclusively) since she was about 7 weeks old, but today (she's just over 6 months old) the peace came and I filled out the form.
I'm so thankful that Kacie has been my little lovey through this rough time. What a sanctuary she has been to me. My sweet kk, Thank you for all the snuggles and slobber kisses. For all the times you've reached up and gently rubbed my face when I was sad. What a blessing to be your mom. I love you, Kacie girl!
It was a good day!

Justin thought it was worth documenting. This form has been sitting on my desk waiting for me to fill it out for months.
So there you go, Dad. Kacie Noelle Carrier (final answer).

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hurray for feeling peaceful and good! When it comes to Kacie, "a rose by any other name..." but I sure do like her name too!

Beautiful pictures of beautiful girls.

Becker said...

Phew! And the turmoil is over. I hope the peace remains. Congrats on your baby girl having a beautiful name. I'm sure it will all be a hilarious story...SOMEDAY. :)

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Good for you for taking your time! I say it won't make a bit of difference in the long run, she will be who she will be. And she is so darn cute. Still. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...