Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Who has 8 legs, 4 wheels, and 1 bright orange flag?

Me and my little crew, that's who.
I think I looked a bit like a circus coming down the road this morning during our bike ride adventure. The boys were in the trailer and Kacie was in the backseat. I think that if I'd have seen me, I probably would have felt a little sorry for me. But really it was wonderful. Kacie was in heaven and the boys and I talked while we rode through the neighborhoods for a few hours. One neighborhood that we rode through was mostly elderly people. They were lovely and waved and said hello. I was thinking about how the only things I was going to accomplish today were an extraordinarily long bike ride and helping the boys make delicious (and healthy) cookies. Then I started to notice how all the yards there were beautifully manicured, the garages were organized with everything labeled, and all the cars were sparkling clean. That all made me remember how there is still a bush that I've been wanting to pull out of my front yard for over a year, we can't even park in our garage at the moment, and if you can't find it, it's probably in the van. Then, I realized again that the time will come sooner than I think when I will have buckets of time to organize my garage. Today it was all about finding letters in street signs and numbers on houses with Asher and pretend laughing at Caleb's knock-knock jokes (he's in that stage...). So, we went for one more loop around before we headed back home to show the boys how to grind wheat to make the flour we needed for our cookies.
A few pictures with the timer before we got started.
Just in case you're curious... making the cookies took us at least four hours, and their favorite part was drawing shapes with their fingers in the flour that they flung all over the table. Hope they enjoyed it, because it's probably never happening again :{ Just kidding, kind of.

3 comments:

Shiree said...

You look great! Those bike seats always make me nervous, for some reason. But I don't have a bike, a bike seat, or a bike trailer, so it's not even an option!! I am glad you had a nice leisurely ride and that you spent the day making cookies. I am even happier to hear that you were only able to accomplish two things in one day. That's pretty much how things roll with me, too.

Hannah said...

I don't think we got even one thing done today :/

Carters said...

Haha! I just love your humor and sense of what's real and important. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...