i love to watch these two hang out when justin gets home from school. usually this involves little bodies being tossed high in the air and squeals of joy while i hold my breath and try not to watch!
p.s. there is a sock on asher's hand because i was trying to get him not to suck on his two fingers. he sucks on them so much that they are terribly chapped and almost bleeding. any ideas? tonight the poor baby went to sleep with one of my socks on each of his arms tucked high up under his pajama sleeves. we'll see how long it takes him to get them off.
3 comments:
I've got your solution. Joseph has always sucked his thumb when he sleeps or is tired or sees his blanket, which in a very funny way has made his fingernail on that thumb different than the other. But when he was a baby I remember the chapping and sadness. So here's your cure. Ready? Super easy and guaranteed.
Lanolin.
Lansinoh, whatever brand you use it's all the same thing. It's used for nursing, has no taste, no side effects and they don't notice it there, but it protects their little skin, just like it was made to protect yours. It is my miracle drug for my kids. I use it whenever things get really serious. You can buy it in the baby section I think - I got mine at motherhood maternity (not sure why). It usually comes in a tube, as it is ointment-consistancy.
Try it out. He'll thank you.
That is, if you WANT him to be able to suck his fingers.
If you're trying to wean him, I'd do the Lanolin and a sock, or whatever else. At that point you're on your own. I've never weaned a baby from a sucking habit. :)
consistency? Spelling. Argh.
wow, great suggestion! i'll try it. i even think i have some lanolin that i never needed to use. thanks friend!
Post a Comment