Monday, June 23, 2008

I HATE mouth injuries...


...they just seem to gross me out more then some other cuts, bumps, or bruises would. And when they are happening to my son, forget about it! Yesterday we were at a fun little get together and right before we left Asher was walking towards the deck and tripped. His chin hit the edge of the deck pretty hard and he started to cry. Justin grabbed him and we saw that his little chin was bleeding. Justin cuddled him but he just kept crying which is unusual for Asher.
I scooped him up and tried to make him feel better. I wanted to check out his mouth and see that his little teeth were okay, but when I looked I didn't see any bottom teeth! Well, that's when I think that my heart really stopped. It didn't take me long to figure out that his two little bottom teeth had been jammed into his bottom lip and were completely covered up. I started to panic and called for Justin and the other men there to "DO SOMETHING!" but by the time they looked I had already gotten his lip unstuck. There was more blood but now Asher was finally able to stop crying. We gave him a popsicle to keep it cold and slow the circulation and swelling. Anyway, he was just fine and forgot about it a few minutes later. This morning the only way you can tell anything even happened is the band aid on his chin. My poor baby!!
But, to add to the fun, Asher woke up early this morning and was sitting on the couch with me. He asked for some water so I stood up to get him his sippy cup (thinking he would just stay cuddled up on the couch), but instead he decided to stand up and jump off. I saw him falling out of the corner of my eye and lunged. Now, lunging is never a good idea when you are a big pregnant lady like I am (Sorry about that, unborn baby!). I got to him just in time to land on top of his legs while giving myself a rug burn and some major round ligament pain. Now, the poor boy is sleeping again and I think I am going back to bed, too!! What a morning!

4 comments:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Love the lunging pregnant lady image. Miss you!

Lisa said...

Oh that poor baby! I got shivers just reading about his little teeth stuck in his lip! He is SO blessed to have such a great mommy.

Nicole Carrier said...

He looks exactly like Justin in the picture. So handsome! :)

Shiree said...

That sounds like a sad few days! I love the picture, though. You always get the greatest closeups. My kids won't sit still long enough for me to catch one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...