Friday, June 27, 2008

More pictures...

So, here's a little update. Things have been nice here, except this has been my hardest week so far during this pregnancy. I have been getting some pretty consistent contractions and the doctors are a little worried about pre-term labor, but they think I will be okay if I just don't get too hot, stay hydrated, and lay down when the contractions come. Keep your fingers crossed. Other than that things are great and we are having fun. 

So, just a few more pictures of the boy. This was at the apartment sprinkler day. Asher liked running through the sprinklers with Justin the most. 
The pool was cold so Asher didn't like it, but it didn't bother Jane at all!
Checking out the little kid slip and slide.
This is Asher being silly in his crib. Sometimes Justin and I will both go into his room when we hear him wake up and sit and talk to him and watch him play. This day he sat down and looked right back at us.

Asher is funny about wanting to always eat like big people. (Mom, this is what I was telling you about.) Somehow it's different if we cut it up into pieces and he doesn't like it. Especially bananas! Give me a break, he wants to hold the whole thing and take gigantic bites. I decided to let him try the corn on the cob rather than waste time convincing him that the little kernels are the same thing that Mommy and Daddy were eating. He did great. It took him a while but he got it all! 
Good job, Asher!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Corn on the cob is our favorite kid-friendly food! Andy is super excited when I make it, and I'm always surprised by how well he cleans it off. You could also peel some skin off an apple and let Asher gnaw on it like a big kid. Then again, he may have enough teeth to take out a big chunk!

Lisa said...

p.s. I love the pics of him sitting in his crib with his feet dangling out!

Abby said...

Hey Lisa,

Yep, it's the only way he'll eat an apple! I do need some more kid food ideas if you've got any. Asher has been eating lots of noodles, broccoli, cheese, eggs and crackers because I've been too tired to think of anything else to make.

I heard you guys had a restaurant at your house a while ago. That sounds fun. I've been missing everyone so much lately!

Shiree said...

I hope things are working out okay with the pregnancy. Let me know if I can ever take Asher for you. You know that I am not that far away!

Abby said...

Thanks Shiree! That means a lot. Things have been a lot better this week. Hopefully it stays that way :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...