Friday, February 5, 2010

This morning reminded me of...

this book by Peter Spier called RAIN from my childhood. I don't know why other than it just did. It was kind of raining and we did all have our boots on. I think it was more that feeling of nostalgia. I still remember imagining myself inside that story. The pictures from that book will always be in my head.

We are about to finish a season in our lives. In just over 2 weeks we are moving out of the village. We'll be up in the air for a minute, and then a few months with family, which I think will be just perfect, before we start our next big (and intimidating) adventure. But, I know that the pictures (and feelings, lessons, and friendships) from the last 2 1/2 years here, while we were really learning and growing and struggling, will be in my mind forever. This has really been such a wonderful time for our little family... and I'm so thankful for it.
When we went out for a walk this morning, I asked the boys if they wanted to see a trick. The trick was that the camera could take a picture all by itself. I used the timer and had it set up on an old rusty bar-b-que (which is actually ours now that i think about it. we should really take care of that.) They liked to count how many times the light blinked so we had fun doing that for a while. I'm sure I looked totally ridiculous if any of the neighbors were watching.
Then we continued on our walk in the light rain talking about all the different sounds that trains make. And finished it off with a free monster cookie from the new bakery (i sure wish that place had been here for the last 2 years).

Now, the boys are taking their nap and I'm going to make some lists. Things to do, addresses to change, what to buy/sell, pros and cons of our choices;) Nothing combats the fear of change and uncertainty better than a thorough list, right?!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

I know you guys are nervous, but we're really excited! I've been trying to organize while Dave is still in the process of moving out. Today I put all the Duplos in our new train table that's just waiting for your boys. I wish you and the boys could come out at the same time as Justin. See you soon!

Kate said...

sad day! we will miss you guys a lot, especially losing more playmates for Morgan. plus who am i going to get all my advice from now?

Amanda said...

I always wished that bakery was open when we were there! Your boys are cute as ever. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...