Well, this happened quite awhile ago, but Justin thinks it shouldn't go untold. So, I guess now that I'm blogging again (have you noticed that I'm blogging again?) I'd better tell you about this cool kid I've got. His name is Caleb Spencer and he loves action! He's always pretending to be a superhero (almost always before he starts running anywhere he makes a sound of either his rocket boosters firing up or webs slinging out of his wrists!) and the best way to become his friend is to wrestle with him.
Anyway, I was doing dishes and I sent the boys into their bathroom to wash their hands. From where I was standing they were behind me and down the hallway. They had been in there for just a little bit before there was a huge flash of light that filled the whole house. It was so quick that right after I just stood there for a minute feeling the eery silence wondering if I really saw it or not. I ran to the bathroom and Asher was on the floor looking at Caleb who was standing with a scared/excited look on his face. Then I saw the plug and outlet with black whatever all over the wall around it. I gasped and asked Caleb if he was okay. He held up his hand which also had black whatever on it and said "I got shocked." Once I figured out that it wasn't a burn, the black powder washed off, and that he really wasn't hurt I asked him again if he was okay. This time there was a sparkle in his eye as he thought about it. I'm pretty sure Caleb even kinda liked it.
I guess he had a penny in his pocket and had pulled it out to hold while he waited for his turn to wash his hands. Right in front of his face beside the sink was a little space between the outlet and the plug of his toothbrush that looked just exactly big enough for a penny. So, he put it in. We are thankful that everything turned out the way it did and that he was safe. Caleb is a hands on learner. A quick learner, but hands on. Now he knows (vs. just taking my word for it, I guess) that "electricity is dangerous" and that we "never stick anything into outlets or onto plugs". I just kept thinking I hope he survives his childhood and that I survive him ;)

5 comments:
I've noticed you're blogging again and I love it! Your blog is one for my favorites to read. Ps. I am glad caleb is ok. I think he and I would be great friends if we were all closer!
Even though I knew that story, I'm glad you posted it. So worth it! Love you Lubs!
Scary! Glad he's okay. Love your blog posts, too!
Those hands on learners! They are nuts! (but smart little nuts)
Eeeeek.
Post a Comment