| Kacie playing with her beloved toothbrush. Girl after my own heart! |
Saturday, March 17, 2012
An old drawing and giggles from my absentmindedness...
I was sorting a pile of papers and found this sweet picture that Asher drew for Lisa last year. I never sent it to her so I thought I'd post it here for her to see :) I'd prefer to have sent it with a loving note from me attached and maybe even a treat for that scrumptious Ben who is growing up while we are away. I'd prefer that. But Lisa, thank you for being my younger (in age) and older (in experience and wisdom) sister who understands. My favorite parts of the drawing: Lily's 8 stands of hair and the giant scribble heart - the first heart he ever drew.
Last night at bedtime I started brushing Kacie's teeth. She started laughing. Really, really laughing. Tears coming down her cheeks laughing. So, I started laughing. It was so funny, but I didn't know what she was laughing about. That made it even more hilarious. Every time I put the toothbrush back in she would belly laugh harder. We finished up the bedtime routine and three little babies slept soundly. It wasn't for a few hours - after I'd washed the dishes, picked up the rest of the toys, etc. - that I realized what was so funny. You see, Justin was in Portland so after a long and quite messy day I was doing the evening alone. I fed three kids, washed three kids, helped put pajamas on three kids, read stories with three kids and brushed three kids' teeth. By the end of the evening, a little absentmindedly perhaps, I grabbed Caleb's electric toothbrush while it was Kacie's turn. It was the first time she has had a vibrating toothbrush in her mouth and I guess she thought it was pretty funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love it! Thank you Asher.
The best part about doing it this way, Abby, is that I'm always wishing that I was sending pictures and thank you notes and treats too. I think about it, but it never happens. And having someone who understands means more than if the packages were arriving in my mailbox every day. ;)
Love the toothbrush!
Post a Comment