So not too long ago (I wasn't there to witness it, I just heard the report) Asher caught an episode of "Curious George" on TV. He was enthralled and is now on a Curious George kick. Maybe every little kid is as entranced by the cute little monkey, considering that a monkey is a pretty easy animal for kids to like. But Asher has always liked monkeys, and if you like monkeys you can't help but like Curious George. Anyway, we've gotten as many DVD's from the library as we can, and he'll walk around and say "monkey on, monkey on" when he wants to watch. It's fun to watch as he watches and mimics the noises George makes.
With that said, last Saturday there was a kids' health and safety fair up on campus, and Curious George was making an appearance. So Asher and I loaded up and went off to see "Dorj". We got there just as George was going on break for half an hour. So we picked up a free little water bottle and went to see what there was to see. We saw an AirMed helicopter, some snakes, got a Creamie, and then decided to get in line as a person came by with a sign that said "Curious George will be back in 15 min". Well, 30 min later the line finally started to move. Here's us waiting in line.
Finally he looked at the camera and we were able to get a picture. FYI for those of you who don't watch much Curious George...the Man in the Yellow Hat doesn't quite look like this guy...
It was a long wait, but it was worth it to see Asher's reaction when we finally got to the booth. Granted he pretty much forgot about it by the time we got to the car, but then at home he saw the picture and kept trying to mob the computer. I printed it off for him and he carried it around for a while and would periodically point and say "monkey, Dorj".
Unfortunately I don't get to see everything so I'm a little behind, but it really seems Asher has had sort of a mini "personality explosion". He gets way excited about things and is, like I mentioned, a lot more expressive about things and getting more interactive by the day. He's such a fun kid, and I'm so grateful he's part of our family!
No comments:
Post a Comment