Well, he made it! Caleb Spencer was born at 8:51 am, weighing 7 lbs and 19 in long. We're so grateful that it worked out the way it did, everything went amazingly smooth. Abby's water broke at around 4:30 this morning, we got to the hospital around 6:00 (with, admittedly, a bit of speeding on my part...but I kept it below 90....), and by 9:00 we had a beautiful little boy. Abby is feeling awesome (especially compared to the last delivery) and Caleb is as well. 10 fingers, 10 toes, healthy and doing great. Asher is taken well, for the most part, to little bro. He seemed a little unsure at first, but I think the whole situation was contributing to that. He would want Mama and then keep his distance when he saw this little person invading his space. When we went back to the hospital after his nap he seemed to warm up pretty well, pointing and saying "bruh-ter" and even giving little kisses. And he only had to be reminded to be "soft" a few times. Anyway, not much more to the narrative than that, so let's get to the pictures, shall we?

This picture was actually taken just a few days ago by one of our friends (and arguably our new photographer). Thanks Anna! Not sure I need to say much more, it's pretty self-explanatory.
Here we are again, just waiting...it seems like we were just here! Props to the anesthesiologist; look at the smile he put on Abby's face! (Believe me, it wasn't there eariler - hence the urgency in getting to the hospital.)
Here he is, just minutes after joining the world! One of the few open-eye pictures, and probably the least alienish picture...he's a cute alien, though!
We love that little smashed face already!
It was quite a new experience to have the baby just handed to you after he's delivered. For those who don't know, Asher
joined us via emergency c-section, so we're happy this one worked out differently.
Here's the wide-eyed boy during his assessment
in the nursery...one of the few times during his first day that he actually had his eyes open. He's kind of been a little sleepy head!
Just one of those new baby pictures.
Mama and her boys! This is earlier, when Asher wanted Mama but wasn't quite sure about brother yet.
Big bro checking out little bro. I think he's being soft...I think I would be reacting if he was going for an eye...
Kiss kiss! Caleb is definitely a kissable little baby! He's still getting used to things, but Asher's gonna be a great big brother! They are 16 months and 6 days apart. I have a feeling they will be buddies!!
17 comments:
I love him already! Glad everything went well, and I can't wait to see all four of you.
Awesome. Congratulations! Glad to hear that everything worked out so smoothly and that everyone is healthy.
Congratulations! I'm happy and excited for you all!
I bet he is so little and so cute. i can't wait to see you guys again.
Yeah!!! Congratulations, and I am sooo glad this one was easier! So excited for another little baby!
Caleb is so cute! I'm glad things went smoothly and hope that you are recovering well.
Yay! He's not a bad-looking baby.
And I love about Asher going around saying "bruh-ter". He's a smart cookie.
I am sorry that we were such sleepyheads! We surely contributed to Justin's speeding, and I apologize for that. But Caleb looks perfect! I am so glad that you got your delivery wish, Abby! Go, v-bac!! We can't wait to see you all!
Congrats!!! Abby you look way to good to have just given birth to an adorable baby. I can't wait to meet Caleb!
Oh he's so handsome! We are definitely in love with this new nephew! We missed seeing you all at family dinner yesterday, but Caleb is well worth it!
Congratulations you guys! He is beautiful! We're glad that everything went well.
Congrats you guys! Glad to hear it was a safe and healthy delivery. One question, what was his APGAR score?
Justin and Abby-
He is so adorable and I am so glad you got to have him early so Justin can spend sometime with him. It is okay you missed the party cause this is well worth it. But just know you will have to come to my Hola Fiesta!!
YEAH!!! I am so happy for you guys!! Congrats!
Love ya,
Tallie and Nick
WAHOO!!!!!!!! Congrats you guys!!! Yeah Abby, good work! He really is soooo precious, oh I just love newborns! I can't wait to meet the cute little man!!!
Congratulation! He is beautiful!! So glad you had your baby FIRST this time!
Congratulations!!!
Oh, what a beautiful son!
Post a Comment