
Well, they just opened a Red Robin down the road from us and since I can't think of much these days that's better than having someone else cook for me and clean up the mess afterwards while I sit in the air conditioned room, we decided to go there the other night. It was a real treat! Asher did great and eat all his pasta and melon slices, and I got to spend time with my family.
So, the Baby Einstein movie that we have been watching lately (over and over...) is about World Animals and one that they mention is the Tropical Bird. So, when we were at the restaurant and this guy showed up it made Asher's night! He saw him from across the room and started pointing and saying "tropical bird!"

He was so excited when he finally made it to our table. This is Asher giving "Red" a high five. The hard part was every time he left Asher would start to cry and say "please, please, tropical bird, please." Good thing he came around the restaurant about 4 times!

Asher giving him a hug! So funny! He wasn't scared or anything. While I was watching him get so excited about this big funny bird with a massive head I kept thinking that he is going to love Disneyland with all their big funny characters... unlike his mom with the unfortunate Captain Hook incident of 1991. Anyway, Thanks Red, for making my son so happy.

Asher even got to sit in a booster seat at the table. What a big boy. No more highchairs for him! P.S. Asher is 16 months old today!!
3 comments:
An incident with Captain Hook? We are going to Disneyland next week - is this a warning?
I love it! Too bad my kids are TERRIFIED of any sort of mascot looking creature. Maybe Asher can help me break them free of that fear!
When you mentioned watching "Baby Einstein" over and over it reminded me of the end of my last pregnancy. We watched a lot more "shows" than we had before that time! I love his sincere pleading with the "tropical bird"! So cute!
Post a Comment