Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Does this look like a kid who just had shots?





Asher just had his 18 month check up and he did great. This was the first time that he really knew what was coming with the shots and was able to feel scared! It was so sad, but he was over it as soon as the nurse mentioned "stickers". The problem was that mom and dad weren't over it. I wanted to give him a treat or something to make him feel better (even though he was fine...) so on the way home we stopped at Kid to Kid, a used toy store, and I let him pick a toy.
As soon as we walked in the door he found two Lightning McQueen cars and carried them around for a while. Then he spotted Elmo. We have one elmo book that Asher likes so I guess he recognized him from there. He got so excited saying "ELMO! ELMO!" and giving him big hugs. To see which he really wanted I put all the toys down and said "Come on Asher, it's time to go bye bye." He ran over, picked up Elmo, put him under his arm and headed for the door. I guess that was his choice :) We've had a lot of fun with elmo since then. It's for sure the loudest toy we have (I don't usually buy them because I know they will bug me!) but Asher loves this one so much how could I resist?!! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...