Caleb almost always wakes up from afternoon naps before Asher does. He's always cuddly when he first wakes up and it's so nice to snuggle on the couch, just me and him. Today I asked him what he wanted to do and he said "Drink, then tricks." Sounded good to me. We got a drink then went into my room so Caleb could do tricks to his hearts content on my bed.




Here he is saying "I have the Power!" Watching He-Man with Justin has become a favorite Saturday morning (while Mom is still sleeping) activity.
Soon we are adding another precious life to the mix in our family. Alone time with Mom (and Dad) will get harder to come by. I'm thinking (like all you other moms of more than one kid, I'm sure) about how I will have enough time and energy for each one. I'm pretty sure the answer is to focus on the quality of time spent rather than feel guilty about the quantity or equal division of it. I'm already praying that they will know how much I like to be with them. How much I love to see them just being themselves, and how truly wonderful I know they are.
I'm so glad I get to try and show them that.
6 comments:
Baby number 3 has been the biggest adjustment for me. It certainly seems harder to get things done and pull myself in every direction I feel I need to be. The best thing I have found to do is make sure to not get caught up in the housework and stuff like that and enjoy moments with the kids. I know all that stuff can wait but the kids really do grow up so fast. You guys already do such a great job though I am sure. You will be just as great with number 3.
Thanks Abbyhead. Your thoughts in this post were just what I needed today. Miss you lots!
I think you're an amazing Mom. And the pictures of Caleb, AWESOME!
those are great pictures! and thanks for sharing that quality time thought, i think i needed to hear that. :)
Can I say how impressed I am that you're blogging (such beautiful things!) while you're so close to welcoming baby #3?
There is no way that any child of yours would ever wonder if and how much you love them. You only have to look in Asher's and Caleb's eyes to see that.
Abby I'm so excited for you!! We're expecting baby #3 in Dec and I've had the same concerns you've mentioned. But I agree with Lisa- your children do know that you love them! Asher wouldn't have been concerned about giving you a care bear stare if he didn't know you loved him!
Do you know what you're having yet? oh, and when are you due?
We sure do miss you guys! Next time you're around here give me a call and we'll do lunch or something!
Post a Comment