...and the likeness is just uncanny ;)

The boys were at the counter drawing while I was cleaning up the kitchen. Asher asked what he should draw and I said "how about me?" I heard him say "head, eye, eye, nose, mouth, lots of hair, arms, legs, and oh yeah, hand." Then I turned to check out his drawing. Totally awesome! But what I really loved was that he wrote -by himself- M O M at the top! I squealed. He asked if I wanted to watch him write everyone in our family's names. YES! So, he did. DAD, MOM, ASHER, CALEB, (i helped him spell KAYCEE). I kept squealing... until he said "Mom, stop screaming. You can laugh... but quietly." I asked what else he could spell and he wrote HOUSE then turned the paper over and wrote APRICOT. Wow, what a fun thing to watch!

Caleb (my little artist) was having fun too. He has mostly been into circles, but lately branching out to lines and rainbows :)
It makes me want to kiss those boys... and paint.
3 comments:
I want you to paint too! I've been thinking of some pieces I want to commission from you for the kid's new bedrooms.
Go Asher! Next, your should learn to spell L-I-S-A. ;)
I love Caleb's focus AND that he's holding his pencil so correctly! I'm such a bad example, and Andy gets after me all the time!
WoW! Way to go Asher! Caleb is MUCH more into reading than writing, but he wrote his own name this week, which is a major accomplishment for him. Oh, and nice picture. We knew him when...:)
I love reading your blog!!! You make me squeal! LOL!! You are adorable, your kids are adorable! I miss you! Thanks for updating so often...you are way more awesome than me! LOL!
Post a Comment