Monday, October 19, 2009

Hello monday...

Wow, super emotional morning for me. Maybe because Asher woke up at 2 a.m. screaming for a drink of water. Then, Caleb woke up hysterically crying and signing "Bottle". The poor kid hasn't really slept or eaten in a few days because he's cutting four molars and has had a high fever. He's been pretty miserable. So, I fed him at 4 a.m. After that the thunder kept waking me up until it was morning time. So, I guess I'm saying I'm tired. But, more than that I feel the heaviness of wanting to change. Wanting to improve. I'm thankful that I know how to go about it. I'm so glad that I have the help I need. I guess now it's just time to accept the challenge and get to work.

Other thoughts: You know people who gracefully navigate trials, cultivate desired attributes, and are just truly amazing, but never give themselves enough credit. Lisa is like that. It's funny to me how much I think of her as an older sister even though she's younger than me. When done well, being a mother is the hardest job in the world... even Oprah thinks so ;) And I think Lisa's doing it well! I'm always touched by the understanding and concern she has for her kids. I love you, Lis! I'm so thankful for the wonderful examples I have around me. Some days being a good mom is tricky, and I think we need to care for ourselves so we can continually care for our family, which is sometimes the hardest part of all. But, it's worth it.

Here's to mothers and the influence for good we can have!

Love,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...